Friday, January 14, 2011

Writers Block

Apparently I have had nothing insightful to say since my last blog, December 30, 2010. I always think of things I would like to write about in my blog, but when the time comes to put my thoughts out there, I can never organize them in a way that people reading would understand. ...  ...  Even now I struggle to come up with anything worthwhile to type.  I suppose it's a good thing I don't try to advertise on my blog. 


I have had a little bit of the winter madness, or whatever they are calling it now. There are a couple of reasons. The first is the snow...winter weather in general  It's all nice and dandy around Christmas time, but now that it's mid-January, it can melt already. There is nothing I can do outside with a baby when it is so dang cold outside. So this leaves us both cooped up in the house all day every day.  It's a sad, sad world when I actually look forward to going to work because that means I can get out of the house. Work is usually my only connection to the outside world. And most of the time I am okay with that, when I have other things to do such as taking going outside.


Another thing that has me in a funk is the sickness that seems to be lurking around my house. It seems like it keeps coming back. Alex is sick one week, then I have it. Last week Keagan had a runny nose, and this week he has a pretty bad cold. It really has me on edge. And I feel so bad for him. I can remember being sick when I was younger. I got croup a lot when I was younger and I remember feeling so miserable. Keagan doesn't have croup, luckily, but he does have a cough and he is pretty congested. It makes me feel bad when there is nothing I can really do to help..and the things I can do to help, like sticking the nose aspirator up his nose to suck out the snot, only make him more miserable. I worry he will get RSV or whooping cough, both of which can be deadly to a baby his age. So I broke down and took him to the doctor today just to make sure, and what did they tell me you ask? "He has a cold" Thank you, Doctor.  Although I felt a little silly making a trip to the doctor for a cold, I was relieved when that's what the doctor said.  (right now I feel like I am singing that song about the monkeys jumping on the bed.."Mama called the doctor and the doctor said..." Like I said, I've been having a hard time finding worthwhile things to write about)


...La-tee-dah...


So tonight I will watch a movie, eat some popcorn and attempt to get more than 3 hours of sleep. We shall see how that goes. 

3 comments:

  1. Better to be safe than sorry. Hope the little fella gets better soon.

    PS: I have no idea what croup or RSV are and i'm too lazy to look it up right now but i'm going to just go with the flow and say they're bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doctors have a way of making you feel silly for coming in to see them. I do it all the time. I don't care, I feel better if they are seen and looked at just in case. You never know if they have an ear infection or if there is something else going on. You are an excellent mother for taking him in just to be safe. :) Jake has had croup 3 times now so I pray Keagan never gets it!!! ~ Christina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! :) It did make me feel better taking him in, even if the doctor thought I was crazy :) I'm sorry to hear that Jake has gotten croup so much! I used to get it a ton when I was younger so I am hoping Keagan never gets it.

    ReplyDelete